You’ve heard of a design build, but you aren’t sure what this entails. Simply put, it’s when a project is worked under one single contract with the project owner to provide both design and construction services.
There are many advantages of a Denver design build, including teamwork and a single point of responsibility to open communication and eliminate adversarial conditions. This process can provide for a faster project delivery. Additionally, design builds typically aren’t restricted to building types.
If you’re thinking of a design build in the Denver, Colorado area, Milo Construction can make your project a success. We’re with you from pre-design to ongoing maintenance and everything in between.
It’s a common misconception that a design build is more expensive than a traditional design-bid-build. This isn’t true. A design build can be more cost-effective than traditional projects in many situations because the project budget is identified early in the process and is able to be continuously maintained throughout the process.
Also, the designer and builder can work together in real time. This makes it possible to avoid miscommunication mistakes that can occur with a set of construction documents, saving time and money while minimizing costly disputes.
There are questions, however, that you’ll want to ask of your design build team before making any important decisions regarding your design build.
- What is your experience in building the exact structure that we require?
- Can you show me your portfolio of projects?
- Who would I be working with and what are their qualifications and experience?
- Can I get at least five client references and their contact information?
- What is your track record of delivering projects on schedule and on budget?
If we hire you, how soon will you be able to start on our project?
- What are the certifications of the people on your in-house team and how soon will you start assembling an outside team for this project?
- What is your communications method to keep the client updated in both the design and construction phase of the project?
- What will our role be in the design and construction phases of the project and how much time will you need from us?
- What is your track record for safety and what safety protocols do you have in place?
- How much of the paperwork for this project will you handle on our behalf?
- Can you describe the nature and frequency of your site assessments during the project?
- What is the procedure for handing off the building so that we know how to best maintain it?
- Are there any warranties for the work and do you follow-up with us?
- What government compliance documents and records do you provide?
- What sort of paperwork will we be given upon completion?
Does my facility master plan include possibilities for future expansion that we can do with your company?